About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Northern California A-bikers

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Northern California A-bikers

Postby rongood on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm

I'd like to contact other A-bikers in the San Francisco Bay area. I have had A-bikes for 2 years now and have modified my bike to overcome some of the common problems you read about in these forums, and now i ride it almost every day and love it. If there are any other A-bikes in the Bay Area, I haven't seen them. Perhaps we could try to have an A-bike meet this coming spring around the time of the Bike-to-Work day. In the meantime, leave me a post here and we can try to communicate by e-mail. You can also leave a private message on this site, and i would reply with phone number.
rongood

Re: Northern California A-bikers

Postby SquallLHeart on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:20 am

i know i haven't posted much in this forum lately due to being busy.. however, i live in the south bay in san jose.
SquallLHeart

Postby JazJon on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:55 am

Does anyone know who can service my A-Bike in the San Francisco bay area? I had the tire replaced at a local San Francisco bike shop, but they are unable to adjust my breaks properly. The cable seems to catch a bit, causing the back breaks to drag/clamp down slighly. I have to manually push the cable back or squeeze the break a few times in/out to get it to release fully. I can ship this somewhere if I need to as well but hopefully someone in the bay area has a shop with a-bike experience.
JazJon

Postby rongood on Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:56 am

JazJon, there are no bike shops that are in any way familiar with the A-bike in the US. I live in Berkeley and have done lots of work on my A-bikes, so i might be able to help you out. The rear brake is difficult to adjust because the rear wheel spins slightly off center due to the setting of the bearings and the chain. There are some tricks i can show you to improve the brake performance. I will try to send you a private message on this system and give you my email address. If you can bring your bike to Berkeley sometime, we can try to fix it and improve it. You can also try to send me a private message on this site.
rongood

Return to General Discussion