About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Too short for an A-Bike??

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Too short for an A-Bike??

Postby Johnni8 on Sat May 05, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi all;

I thinking of buying an A-Bike for buzzing around Edinburgh. But I'm not sure if I'll fit, I've only got legs that are 29" long and concerned that I can't get the saddle low.

Plus if the saddle is much lower than the handlebars will I continually be cycling around with a numb bum??

Can any one measure their A-Bike from saddle to pedal, with the saddle at the lowest for me please.

Many thanks

John
Johnni8

Postby newcross on Tue May 08, 2007 3:06 pm

Hi, I finally found my long lost tape measure this morning by chance, so I can answer your question. :wink:

The hight of the seat from the ground = about 80cm (31 1/2 inches)

From the pedal to the top of the seat = about 70cm (27 1/2)

the seat can be set even lower by cutting the seat post (maybe 3cm or so.)
newcross

Postby editor at large on Tue May 08, 2007 7:05 pm

Hi Johnni

This may seem too much of a coincidence, but I live in Edinburgh, recently bought an A-Bike and ... drum roll ... also have a 29inch inside leg.

You'll be fine. I actually have the seat relatively high because like you it seems, I like the saddle fairly high relative to handlebars. Much smaller people than us could ride the A-Bike. I think the problems would be for long legged people - I've actually had the seat post extended to max and it's not too high for me.

The geometry of the riding position is very different from a conventional bike, but your height (or lack of it) should be no problem.

It's a strange beast - one minute you're accidentally popping wheelies, the next you feel like you're really leaning heavily on the bars. But I totally love it. And it's proving really good for my daily commute with a bit of bus to nursery with daughter and a ride home a couple of miles from work in the evening.

You found the pilot supplies shop on Colinton road?

I look forward to the first Edinburgh A-Bike meet!
editor at large

Postby Johnni8 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:54 pm

Many Many thanks

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply. I was almost put off A-Bikes after buying an eBay fake; which 'surprise, surprise' I managed to break. "I'm only little!!" :lol:

Cheers for the info, it's certainly put my mind at rest. Just waiting on a real one now. Soon it'll be "chocks away" :D

Where's this shop in Colinton Rd. Ed@LG? (sorry for the appalling acronym) Must go 'n investigate.

Cheers

Johnni
Johnni8

Return to General Discussion