About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Could someone please...

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Could someone please...

Postby Cloudboy on Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:18 am

...explain to me how to tell if I received a imitation A-Bike?

Any help would be great...

Thanks-

Cloudboy....
Cloudboy

Postby Binch Shin on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:02 am

Sorry.
There are too little information in your notes for me to help you.
Bicycles are Human Amplifiers - Mark Sanders -
Bintz's google profile(Buzz)
Binch Shin

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:26 am

Are there any distinguishing writings, specific things that come in the box with the bike, etc...I just don't see anything about Sinclair Research on it and am a little skeptical that it is an actual A-Bike.

Thanks in advance...

Cloudboy

Postby Guest on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:30 am

Hi Cloudboy

The problem is that anything in the box etc could be copied just as easily as the bike itself. The only difference is that it will not have passed strict safety tests and therefore the quality cannot be trusted. Some fakes are obviously bad quality, but with others who knows? It could look identical except for some defect inside!

Where did you buy it from? If you have reason to be suspicious I suggest you call Mayhem UK, or the relevent distributor in your country. You can tell them the name of your retailer and see if they are a genune supplier.

I hope this is helpful, and do please feel free to name and shame any suppliers of fakes in this forum :lol:

Garry

Here it is...

Postby Cloudboy13 on Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:06 pm

This is the bike I bought, thinking it was an A-Bike.

Go to the US ebay site and put in item number one nine zero zero nine three three four eight five four zero.

Let me know what the diagnosis is. AND if it seems from the description that this person is TRULY advertising it as an A-Bike or if it is purposely unclear.

BTW...I just recognized that on the box it says, "New Asia Co., LTD."

Please submit you thoughts....

Thanks!

Cloudboy
Cloudboy13

Postby kenwshmt- on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:28 pm

no logo , no a-bike

... and mine came with a tattered CDR... I expect the a-bikes come with a properly labeled disk.

that being said, it seems constructed well enough, the only 'defective' part on it is the plastic cover on the front wheel shaft, which often pops off.

I got mine off Ebay as well, with a seller in Sacramento I think.
kenwshmt-

Postby newcross on Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi there,

I saw the item on eBay, and I'm afraid the bike is a FAKE. I suggest you to get a refund now.
newcross

Postby Cloudboy on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:24 am

I bought the bike off of eBay. I just e-mailed the seller to state my displeasure. Let's see what he says. Will keep you posted.

Thanks for all the responses.

Cloudboy~
Cloudboy

Postby Cloudboy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:59 am

So I was wanted to e-mail someone at Mayhem to have them look at the auction so that I could present my seller with the info. The seller is in disbelief that it is a fake. Does anyone know an e-mail addy I could have to get an official statement?

Any help is appreciated.

I feel duped.

Thanks-

Cloudboy
Cloudboy

Postby Garry on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:40 am

Looking at the photos I have to say, if that's a fake it is damn good! The ebay seller has 100% feedback so perhaps is innocent. But surely he knows if he bought it from an official supplier or cheap from china. The price is suspiciously low after import to USA.

So I would do two things:

1) Request from the seller his source.

2) Phone or email Mayhem (details on www.abike.co.uk) and ask them to send you in writing why this is a fake.

Be polite with the ebay seller and present him the evidence and you will probably get the refund.

Garry
Garry
Site Admin

Postby newcross on Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:09 am

Garry wrote:why this is a fake.

We can do a easy quick check.

1. Colour of the Brake Band. real A-bike always uses GREEN one. Cloudboy's one has orange. (But remember, Green colour doesn't guarantee you the bike is real.)

2. Bell on the handle. real A-bike always uses a little black one. Most of the fake A-bike at the moment uses red/black, silver, or sometimes has non on the bike. (the little black bell is a common bicycle parts, so again, it doesn't guarantee anything.)

Garry wrote:Be polite with the ebay seller and present him the evidence and you will probably get the refund.

I agree. In that way, I manage to get refund for a fake CF memory card, which looks same as real one at a glance, but different in detail and performance of it was .... real bad. :evil:
newcross

Postby newcross on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:35 pm

A fake A-bike is currently on eBay. The seller claims "this is not a cheap copy!", but it is. so do not be fooled. No logo, no A-bike.

Buying it with knowing it's a fake is up to you, but without knowing is just too sad. :?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-BIKE-ORIGINAL-F ... dZViewItem
newcross

Update: Link Dead

Postby jkevinwolfe on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 am

The eBay link that NewCross posted has been removed. Delighted to see that A-Bike Central seems to be more active and successful in stopping A-Bike fraud than the manufacturer and distributor.

Kevin
jkevinwolfe

Fake a-bike on e-bay - back again !

Postby gold682 on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:48 am

I see the guy has re-listed it - STILL as a genuine Sinclair A-bike !!!

(Pictures of the bike show absolutely NO logos on the bike!)

See item : two nine zero one two eight eight zero three six five nine on ebay.
gold682

Return to General Discussion