About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Well finally got one....

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Well finally got one....

Postby gold682 on Thu May 22, 2008 9:34 am

Finally bought an a-bike (sinclair original). I know the plus is imminent but at the price I couldn't pass it up.

Anyway if I like it and the abike plus looks even better, then I may invest in one of those as well.

I wonder at what price they will be introducing the new a-bike plus? hopefully they'll keep it at the same price as the old one £150, otherwise it may severly affect sales, especially when, if it's closer to £200, you are going into Strida / 2nd hand brompton area.

When my "new" old a-bike turns up I'll let you know my thoughts.

Cheers
Paul
gold682

Postby weakling. on Thu May 22, 2008 10:41 am

There are at least two who have modded the A-bike
to use ordinary saddles so one can chose level of comfort.

The original seat saddle is a pain in the a.

That is why they changed it to a more bolstered one in the Plus.

How much better Plus seat is I don't know.
weakling.

Postby gold682 on Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

A-bike turned up this morning. First impressions :

Needed the manual to set it up for first time :oops:

Tyres were under inflated so got my bike pump (not a a-bike pump) and managed to get them up to pressure (it ain't easy with a box tandard pump, so may have to invest in a purpose made a-bike one)

Checked all buttons and levers were locked and off I went.

Fairly easy to ride (my VERY first time) although not comaparable to a normal bike, more akin to a scooter in terms of steering. Anyway was soon making turns on a sixpence and whizzing up and down the road - much to the amusement of my kids :lol:

Downside to ride is the SEAT.......argggghhhh, it aint comfortable is it ! I know I have read lots of comments on here about it, but you really need to experience it before you can fully appreciate the comments.

The only other thing i'm not keen on due to the quality, is the a-bike bag. I can already see the seams at the bottom of the bag are stretching thin. So think I'll look out for a more robust bag.

All in all well pleased with my purchase and can't wait to do my first "official" commute to the station (normally a 15 minute brisk walk - i'll see what I can do it in).

Cheers
Paul
gold682

Postby newcross on Fri May 30, 2008 5:36 pm

gold682, congrats to be an A-bike owner. I also recommend you to change the saddle. It makes our riding life a lot easier. :D
newcross

Return to General Discussion