About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

A 100% wooden bicycle in China

Any conversations, not related to A-Bike at all.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

A 100% wooden bicycle in China

Postby Amuro Lee on Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:05 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuro_Ray

Folding Forum - The Community Site for all Folding and Micro Bicycles
http://www.foldingforum.com/forum
Amuro Lee

Re: A 100% wooden bicycle in China

Postby RollatorguySweden on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 am

thanks wow look kind of cute does it not? I mean the innovativeness of it.

Do you know more? are there any descriptions of the specifications.

Does it work like a watch? cogwheel and snapping a lever in place to run the cogs and then release and start all over ?

I am so lost when it comes to mechanics and electronics. I guess it is true FOSS he have GPL license so we are all allowed to copy the design?

I admire that guy. Bold and brave indeed. Did he do it out of necessity or out of novelty to be the only one having such one?
RollatorguySweden

Re: A 100% wooden bicycle in China

Postby RollatorguySweden on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 am

Sorry to flood this thread with my naive comments.

Finally I see how he has done the pedalling thing. Oh that sure was clever. First time I see it on a bike.

That is the same principle they had on old Steam Trains whith many wheels 6 or 8? At least six? Anyway them too did the revolving of the other wheels buy having such couplings that made them turn in parallel to the steam engine driven one.

Old Penny Fart had a direct coupling and same with childrens trikes them too direct on the front wheel here he has managed to move the movent to a better place for the feet but have direct drive? no freeweel there at all. This way he brake by slowing down the movement of the wheel?

Now I really get curious. Did he build it out of lack of money for a real bike or out of love for being able to come up with a true novelty? He is along on the whole earth with that construct is he not? Totally Unique. He is my hero for today. Such genius.
RollatorguySweden

Return to Off Topic Chat