About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

New A-Biker and some questions

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

New A-Biker and some questions

Postby Decagrog on Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:55 am

Hi all,
I'm a new A-bike entusiast, I've bought used a fake (sorry :oops: ) 8 inch a-bike and received it just yesterday.
Unfortunately I've a problem: at the first ride the right crank-arm feels loose so I've pulled it down and discovered that the aluminium cranck socket is pretty worn and need to be replaced :?

-I've searched a bit into the forum but I can't find where buy replacement parts, can you point me where to buy the crank arm? ( better if is in Europe :) )

-The folding system is enought straightforward but I cant freely rotate the handle because the brake lever collide with the top plastic section of the rear main tube. There's a way to reposition the leverl brake? They seem to be fixed with that little screw into the plastic body and there's no way to move in a different position...

-The wheel are 8 inch but solid, it could worth something if I upgrade it with the pneumatic one?

For now it's all, thanks! :mrgreen:
Decagrog

Re: New A-Biker and some questions

Postby Decagrog on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 am

Anyone? :)

For the replacement parts I've found here on the forum the link of the chinese distributor http://www.a-bike.com.cn ... the problem to understand the language can be partially resolved with google translator ( http://translate.google.it/translate?hl ... .com.cn%2F )

It have a lot of A-bike parts but not the crank arm! :x Seems strange to me since should be a component prone to wear.
Even with the google traduction can't find a way on the site to place an order (maybe by write them? )
Decagrog

Postby Decagrog on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:11 pm

No reply from sales@a-bike.co.uk neither a-bike@a-bike.com.cn, :( are they still in businnes?
Decagrog

Postby Stevbike on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:26 pm

It has been a while sice I have been logged in to the site but it is good to be back.

As to your bike problems, seeing that it is a copy version like mine, there is little if any support for the product. That one of the prices paid for getting a copy version of the bike. It took a bit of work to get my copy version running smooth. If replacement parts are needed, there could be a chance that you can not get them unless parts off the original bike will fit on to your copy version of the bike.

As to the tires, you can see if the rims/ tires from the 8" A-bike version offical design can be fitted on to the copy bike. I found that over time, you get used to the feel of the solid tires and mine lasted regular use for a season of riding. I like the idea that you will not get a flat tire.

stevbike
Stevbike

Postby Decagrog on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Stevebike :)
I can understand that who own the copy version can't hope for a great support, but at least I should be able to buy the original parts somewhere and see if they fit, when I've written to the two obiously I've didn't tell that the bike is a fake one but still no reply!

Also when I've bought it used a couple of week ago didn't knew anything about the fake versions, just discovered after by looking on that forum...I'm not happy about that but at least I've payed the correct price so it was not a scam
The thinking about inflatable tires are just an upgrade but the primary problem now is really the crank.

So now my only option is to find where to buy the crank and try to fix it, otherwise...sell it as partially broken or something... :?
Decagrog

Return to General Discussion