About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Any A-Bike distributor in Singapore???

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Any A-Bike distributor in Singapore???

Postby Alan Tan on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:06 am

Hello:)

2 questions -

a) Anyone knows of a distributor to get the A-bike in Singapore, i know i can get from e-Bay site but i know i'll most probably end up with cheap **mods** made from China...

b) Is there a weight limit for A-bike riders? (fyi, I am 80Kg...)
Alan Tan

Re: Any A-Bike distributor in Singapore???

Postby Amuro Lee on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:51 am

Alan Tan wrote:Hello:)

2 questions -

a) Anyone knows of a distributor to get the A-bike in Singapore, i know i can get from e-Bay site but i know i'll most probably end up with cheap **mods** made from China...

b) Is there a weight limit for A-bike riders? (fyi, I am 80Kg...)

Hi! :)

The answers:

a) http://www.daka-design.com/products/sho ... php?id=212
(If you really want to buy the A-bike from a local distributor in Singapore, I think you'd better contact DAKA and ask them whether the A-bike has a local distributor in Singapore or not via this page: http://www.daka-design.com/contact/ )

b) http://www.a-bike.co.uk/store/qanda.php ... &a=a4&q=q4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amuro_Ray

Folding Forum - The Community Site for all Folding and Micro Bicycles
http://www.foldingforum.com/forum
Amuro Lee

Postby newcross on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:34 am

For some reason, I can easily imagine a shop in Sim Lim Square sells the cheap **mods** made from China... although it's not electronic. :roll:
newcross

Saw A-Bike in a shop in Singapore

Postby Jane on Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:39 pm

Hi Alan,

I am new here. I saw a A-Bike for sale at Gnee Hong at 71-77 Bencoolen Street. It was selling cheap and I can't really tell if it is genuine. You can pop by for a look. They sell other foldable bikes. I especially like the Carry-Me foldable bike by Pacific Cycles. Only 7 kg with bigger 8 inch wheels. But the price of $699 (with carry bag) was a bit steep.

Jane
Jane

Re: Saw A-Bike in a shop in Singapore

Postby bill on Tue May 29, 2007 3:49 am

Hi Jane,

Do you know how much Gnee Hong were selling them for? Tkt

Jane wrote:Hi Alan,

I am new here. I saw a A-Bike for sale at Gnee Hong at 71-77 Bencoolen Street. It was selling cheap and I can't really tell if it is genuine. You can pop by for a look. They sell other foldable bikes. I especially like the Carry-Me foldable bike by Pacific Cycles. Only 7 kg with bigger 8 inch wheels. But the price of $699 (with carry bag) was a bit steep.

Jane
bill

Postby Jane on Thu May 31, 2007 6:04 am

Hi Bill,

I had spoken to Gnee Hong recently and they are no longer selling it. They had wanted to sell me their only display set for $210 a few months ago. It was probably not the "real" thing! I don't think there is an authorized distributor here....yet....

Anyway, I bought a brand new imitation one for $149 from a guy on the website . Rides OK and I don't have any problems so far. Looks exactly like the real thing but without the A-Bike or Sinclair logo.

Let me know if you want the contact.......

Jane
Jane

Postby Bill on Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:14 am

Tks Jane,

Is it something that you would recommend to buy? It looks very practical, but is it tedious to ride?

Tks,

Bill

Jane wrote:Hi Bill,

I had spoken to Gnee Hong recently and they are no longer selling it. They had wanted to sell me their only display set for $210 a few months ago. It was probably not the "real" thing! I don't think there is an authorized distributor here....yet....

Anyway, I bought a brand new imitation one for $149 from a guy on the website . Rides OK and I don't have any problems so far. Looks exactly like the real thing but without the A-Bike or Sinclair logo.

Let me know if you want the contact.......

Jane
Bill

Postby Jane on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Bill,

If you read the many posts on this forum, most have complained of the "bum ache" because of the small seat post. I can't ride for long without resting and getting off the bike! But in terms of portability, it is THE best. I have another foldable bike but it weights a hefty 13 kg and it has not gone anywhere. I have also tried the Strida, it is 10kg and is bulky. You have to push it along and not carry it.

The question is what and where will you be using the bike more.....
I am OK to show you my bike and let you try so that you can decide.

Jane
Jane

Postby bill on Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:17 pm

Hi Jane,

That'd be great! Where should I go? Just let me know the time and day. Tks again

Bill

If you read the many posts on this forum, most have complained of the "bum ache" because of the small seat post. I can't ride for long without resting and getting off the bike! But in terms of portability, it is THE best. I have another foldable bike but it weights a hefty 13 kg and it has not gone anywhere. I have also tried the Strida, it is 10kg and is bulky. You have to push it along and not carry it.

The question is what and where will you be using the bike more.....
I am OK to show you my bike and let you try so that you can decide.

Jane
bill

Postby Jane on Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:56 am

Hi Bill,

I should be taking the bike out for a ride in Pasir Ris Park on Tuesday afternoon after 2pm. I don't work "normal" office hours and I travel round Singapore daily. Let me know your prefered time and I will try to plan round your timing instead......

Jane
Jane

Postby Bill on Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi Jane,

Wow, Pasir Ris is a little far for me. I live at Bukit Timah. Oh well.

I am relatively free in the day time this week though. So if you can meet anywhere else I'd be grateful :)

Bill

I should be taking the bike out for a ride in Pasir Ris Park on Tuesday afternoon after 2pm. I don't work "normal" office hours and I travel round Singapore daily. Let me know your prefered time and I will try to plan round your timing instead......

Jane
Bill

Postby Jane on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the short notice but I am free tomorrow afternoon if you would like to meet. I will be in Raffles Place/Boat Quay/Clarke Quay area after 1pm.

I am going to bike around there.

Jane
Jane

missed yr note

Postby bill on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:48 am

Oops, just saw this. Missed it. Oh well, another time. I can't seem to leave my hp here. But if you can email me, it may be easier. 'balambalam1' at hotmail

Sorry for the short notice but I am free tomorrow afternoon if you would like to meet. I will be in Raffles Place/Boat Quay/Clarke Quay area after 1pm.

Jane
bill

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:36 am

Jane

Hi Jane,

may i know the contact of the guy you bought the bike for $149. Please pm me. Thanks.

Derek

Postby newcross on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:34 am

Say, I recommend all the viewers of this forum to be registered user. There is a lot of benefits and one of them is 'personal messaging', so you could communicate without compromising on your privacy. :wink:
newcross

Next

Return to General Discussion