About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Any A-Bike distributor in Singapore???

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Postby Guest on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:05 pm

---

Postby fluid_motion on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:40 am

Bummer. Even NTUC income is selling the knock-offs. :P

http://incnet.income.com.sg/uinshop/uiProductDetail.aspx?id=GI3700
fluid_motion

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:11 pm

If I am not wrong, NTUC income is selling this bike at a promotional price of $199.

You can check it out at www . income . com . sg / i-shop

Does anyone know where I can try this bike?

Postby dcool on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:07 am

Guest wrote:If I am not wrong, NTUC income is selling this bike at a promotional price of $199.

You can check it out at www . income . com . sg / i-shop

Does anyone know where I can try this bike?

Hi,

I also like to have a look at the bike that NTUC is selling. Bc i have seen the one that Giant is selling, the quality is horrible ! And i will not recommend you to buy that one. Bc i dun think its safe to ride it. However i like to check the one at NTUC. If the quality to better i think you can consider. I got one myself but not from SG but from China, its one of the better quality one, using imported material and stainless steel 316 grade fasteners for all the bolts and nuts. The most important thing to check is not the metal parts but the grade of the plastic parts. There for those that like the one in Giant that is using normal low grade nylon plastic and not the GRP (glass reinforced plastic ), stay away from those, they will not last.

However i stil recommend you to check out the Giant one then check out the NTUC one, so that you can make a better comparison.

First thing that you notice abt the quality of the bike is that if the bike doesnt folds easily or unsymmetrically in all sense, then that is a poor quality one.
dcool

Postby guest on Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:28 pm

You mean we can go to the NTUC shop to try it out?

Which Giant? The harborfront one?

Poor Quality Imitation

Postby Jane on Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:57 pm

[/quote]

Hi,

I also like to have a look at the bike that NTUC is selling. Bc i have seen the one that Giant is selling, the quality is horrible ! And i will not recommend you to buy that one. Bc i dun think its safe to ride it. However i like to check the one at NTUC. If the quality to better i think you can consider. I got one myself but not from SG but from China, its one of the better quality one, using imported material and stainless steel 316 grade fasteners for all the bolts and nuts. The most important thing to check is not the metal parts but the grade of the plastic parts. There for those that like the one in Giant that is using normal low grade nylon plastic and not the GRP (glass reinforced plastic ), stay away from those, they will not last.

However i stil recommend you to check out the Giant one then check out the NTUC one, so that you can make a better comparison.

First thing that you notice abt the quality of the bike is that if the bike doesnt folds easily or unsymmetrically in all sense, then that is a poor quality one.[/quote]

Hi,

I totally agree with 'dcool', I have seen the bike at Giant and the quality is very very lousy. I got mine from a distributor who sold online and I think the quality is so much better. I have not seen the one selling at NTUC club though.

Hey 'dcool', would like to meet you to see your bike (and you can see mine too!) and maybe exchange bike "tips"! Other A-bikers owners or potential owners can come along too to view our bikes! There is a huge Strida bike group already in Singapore (with increasing numbers) and they organise bike rides regularly.

Jane
Jane

Postby dcool on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:32 am

guest wrote:You mean we can go to the NTUC shop to try it out?

Which Giant? The harborfront one?

I think there are a few Giant that sells it, i have seen it at Pioneer mall, and IMM, i am not sure abt Tampines Mega Mall bc i have yet to go there. But i think they may have it there.

As for NTUC one, i am not sure where to see or try it bc its not sold in the retails, only on line.
dcool

Re: Poor Quality Imitation

Postby dcool on Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:39 am

Jane wrote:
Hi,

I totally agree with 'dcool', I have seen the bike at Giant and the quality is very very lousy. I got mine from a distributor who sold online and I think the quality is so much better. I have not seen the one selling at NTUC club though.

Hey 'dcool', would like to meet you to see your bike (and you can see mine too!) and maybe exchange bike "tips"! Other A-bikers owners or potential owners can come along too to view our bikes! There is a huge Strida bike group already in Singapore (with increasing numbers) and they organise bike rides regularly.

Jane

Hi Jane,

I tried to PM you the last time but couldnt find you in the member list. Maybe you like to join this forum as a member and PM me your contacts. I am currently overseas now. will only be back on the 18 Aug. I am really keen to see your bike as well. And maybe you like to let me know from which online website you got yours. I agree which Jane that any other potential owners or owners of the bikes have a meet up. I have seen the Strida bike and i feel that its a tad too big for me, no doubt its comfortable and have a larger wheel size but its too exp for the bike too.

I have changed my seat post and seat to a suspension post and a better seat now its much more comfortable and my butt can last one end of the ECP to the other end.

PM me your contacts Jane !

Derek
dcool

Hi Dcool

Postby Wittyalways on Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi Derek,

Just PM you......

Jane
Wittyalways

Postby guest on Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:24 pm

hi,

may i know which online distributor did you buy from? how much did you spend?

Postby Wittyalways on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:07 pm

guest wrote:hi,

may i know which online distributor did you buy from? how much did you spend?

Hi Guest,

I think you should register in the forum and give your name so that I can address you or you can PM me.

Check out yahoo.sg auctions and search for a-bike. Same guy selling for
S$350 now. I bought old shipment which was much cheaper and I don't think seller will repeat it.

Jane
Wittyalways

Abike @ Home fix

Postby Fai on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:47 am

Just walked pass Homefix and got a flyer for Abike at $179.

how's this compare to those @ Giant? Anyone?
Fai

Re: Abike @ Home fix

Postby Guest on Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:19 am

Which Homefix? NTUC selling $159 now.

Fai wrote:Just walked pass Homefix and got a flyer for Abike at $179.

how's this compare to those @ Giant? Anyone?

Homefix @ Marina Square

Postby Fai on Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:38 am

Saw at Marina square, looks like they are selling very well. Walked passed again today and they brought in new stock.

Verifed should be some knock-off - Its A-bicycle not A-Bike
Fai

Re: Any A-Bike distributor in Singapore???

Postby Suzy on Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi, i was just wondering, do u guys know of any shops that sell foldable bike for less then $100? it need not be branded...thanks, am on a really tight buget.. :D thanks
Suzy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion