About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

London A-Bike Meeting Sat 28 July Please confirm attendance!

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Postby newcross on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:03 pm

Garry wrote:In this lovely weather I'd suggest a meet-up in trafalgar square, then a ride through Green Park, and a picnic in Hyde Park.

Come on, someone take charge and make it happen, before the rain returns :wink:

I rode around Trafalgar sq. and Piccadilly Circus often this week. It was joyfull. However we are not able to ride through Green Park, so we'd better find an alternate route to Hyde park.

Ok. Shall we do a group pre-run in May?
I can take charge on that one. :wink:

There is a possibility I have to go to Scotland in 19, 20 May. a week before or after would be good for the pre-run. Any preference? Please let me know.
newcross

Postby newcross on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:57 am

Correction!!:!:

I'll be away from London 12th, 13th May.
newcross

finally back in the uk

Postby thatsme on Sat May 19, 2007 8:49 am

hi guys,
i am planning to buy the abike next week.
i was going to the shop directlly to test it first, unfortunately i found out too late that saturday is closed.
so i will have to buy it on line.
if i am not too late, i would like to join you guys.
cheers
we don't really know our self
thatsme

Postby newcross on Sun May 20, 2007 10:43 am

Hi, thatsme it's not too late. we haven't even fixed the date yet. :oops:

Okay guys, tell me. The last Saturday of May and The first Saturday of June, pick one!!

Time... say, 14:30?

then we'll meet up in trafalgar square, then a ride through Piccadilly, and a picnic in Hyde Park.

What do you think?
newcross

Postby newcross on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:56 am

err... no answer so far, but I'll be at trafalgar SQ. at 14.30 tomorrow (2nd June 07). :)
newcross

Postby newcross on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:13 am

Test-run is done! Please refer http://www.abikecentral.com/blog/?p=71
newcross

Postby newcross on Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:33 pm

I'll take charge for the first A-bike meeting in July. It's going to be either weekend of 14/15th or 28/29th. I'll contact DAKA and Mayhem to find out what could be done, then fix the date. :wink:
newcross

Postby Timbo in Essex on Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:32 am

newcross wrote:I'll take charge for the first A-bike meeting in July. It's going to be either weekend of 14/15th or 28/29th. I'll contact DAKA and Mayhem to find out what could be done, then fix the date. :wink:

I can make the weekend of 28/29 july although I would prefer an weekday evening as I commute. I'm sure 'll be able to drag my body and bike up to London for a Saturday or Sunday.

Before falling asleep on the train home last I have read about a Sunday in September when roads in Central london will be closed to motor vehicles to encourage people to cycle. That would be a good day to have a future get together. Unless anyone has the details handy, I'll try and find out more and post them here.

all the best
Timbo in Essex
Timbo in Essex

Postby newcross on Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:53 am

Timbo in Essex, I think the date's better to stay on weekend, as many people prefered that way. Although it has been a long time since we talked about it in this topic...

It's nice to know that I wouldn't be alone at the meeting. I try my best to organised it. :D

...and I will bring Japanese SAKE. to the meeting let's drink it in Hyde Park. :lol:

May I ask those people who have intension of participation to appeal it in this topic or directly to me via personal message? So I can have better grasp on things and I could also pass my contact number to you later on.
Do not mind even if you are not registered user of this forum. (but if you could register, please do so. 'cos it would be very convenient. :D )

By the way, the meeting point is here, right in front of The National Gallery at Trafalgar SQ.
newcross

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:57 pm

[quote="newcross"]Timbo in Essex, I think the date's better to stay on weekend, as many people prefered that way. Although it has been a long time since we talked about it in this topic...

It's nice to know that I wouldn't be alone at the meeting. I try my best to organised it. :D

Dear Mr Newcross,

I'm fine for a weekend so long as it is 28 or 29 July. It's just that I'm in London with my A-bike during the week anyway, so an evening would have been more convenent but if the majority want a weekend; I will go with the flow.

See you in Trafalger Square; just me know the day and time. I'm not too sure Sake is a particularly good idea though, on a bike which is already inherently wobbly! Still, should make the journey home, fly-by.

All the best

Postby Timbo in Essex on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:
newcross wrote:Timbo in Essex, I think the date's better to stay on weekend, as many people prefered that way. Although it has been a long time since we talked about it in this topic...

Dear Mr Newcross,

I'm fine for a weekend so long as it is 28 or 29 July. It's just that I'm in London with my A-bike during the week anyway, so an evening would have been more convenent but if the majority want a weekend; I will go with the flow.

See you in Trafalger Square; just me know the day and time. I'm not too sure Sake is a particularly good idea though, on a bike which is already inherently wobbly! Still, should make the journey home, fly-by.

All the best

Sorry, that was me. One day I'll get the hang of posting items properly on this web site!

Regards

Timbo in Essex
Timbo in Essex
Timbo in Essex

Postby newcross on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:32 pm

I'm expecting an e-mail from Managing director of Mayhem UK soon.
Let's wait and see what would happen. :wink:

I'm not too sure Sake is a particularly good idea though, on a bike which is already inherently wobbly! Still, should make the journey home, fly-by.

I agree. Sake is only for those people who will take bus/train back home. Riding first then sake later, that's my plan (I don't drink usually though.)

I don't want anybody get killed because of this meeting. :lol:
newcross

Postby newcross on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Please allow me to announce the date for the first London meet.

Date: Sat. 28th July
Time: 12:00 (Noon)

There has been a slight change in plan.

12:00 We meet up infront of the National Gallery

/ Cycle around Central London
(If any of you have a particular place you want to visit, pls let me know.) (I'll do another test-run before the meeting.)

14:00 Picnic in a royal park. Wine and refreshments will be provided by Mayhem UK.

Mayhem UK will also contact to Sir Clive Sinclair and Alexander Kalogroulis to join our meeting. (Their participation cannot be comfirmed at the moment.)
Last edited by newcross on Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
newcross

Postby Timbo in Essex on Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:12 am

Great! I'll see you all in Trafalgar Square on Saturday 28th

Hope the rain holds off

All the best
Timbo in Essex
Timbo in Essex

Postby Guest on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:01 pm

newcross wrote:Please allow me to announce the date for the first London meet.

Date: Sat. 28th July
Time: 12:00 (Noon)

There has been a slight change in plan.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

would it be acceptable for a Strida rider to attend your meeting please?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion