About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Happy New year

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Happy New year

Postby Stevbike on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:35 pm

Let 2010 be a better year for this site. Lets here more about the A-bike and its related copies and there stories. Lets hope that tere will be less spam and more content about the A-bike experience. I wish all the members of this list a great 2010!

Steve
Stevbike

Re: Happy New year

Postby gganio on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:12 pm

Great 2010 and 10s years to everybody!
I have the new year resolution to try out these wheels:
SHOX COMFORT CASTERS

and these ones too:
SOFT ROLL CASTERS

They told me that they are at 65A of Hardness and they rebound 65% (soft roll 82%(82% is into the racing wheel level of rebound)).
According to my calculations they might be the wheels that combine the comfort of pneumatic wheels and the speed and reliability of Polyuretane wheels.
Maybe 65A is too soft, but I am courious to see how it rides.
I guess they are made by some folks in the LA basin, as all the other wheels of my bike:

http://www.wheelchairparts.net/CATALOG_c316765.html

Mybe if they work we can think about building a trick A-Bike.
gganio

Postby 190E.sg on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Best new year wishes all A-Bikers around the world.

gganio, great find, the wheels are cool. Got my A-Bike for a month now. I have replaced the seat and the ride is much comfortable now. Do you know where I can get the 8 inch tire and tubes?

cheers
190E.sg

Postby gganio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Oopss! 8" that is not yet an official A-bike wheel size.
You need an high pressure 8"x1"? tire and tube. Maybe it is the same tire size of the Carry-me. In that case Carry-me dealers would sell spare tires. The other solution would be to try directly taobao.com. I am sure they would understand English.
gganio

Postby Stevbike on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:05 pm

I have made an inquiry a the Alibaba.com site with one of the suppliers in regards to spare parts for these bikes. I will forward any info on to this list. It would be great to know of suppliers to supply spare parts for the A-bike and the copy versions as well.

You should post the pictures you sent to me on the board as well to show others the seat change on the seat change/ A-bike mod section. They are great pictures! This is the link to the talk about A-bike mods. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1435.

Steve
Stevbike

Postby 190E.sg on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Stevbike wrote:I have made an inquiry a the Alibaba.com site with one of the suppliers in regards to spare parts for these bikes. I will forward any info on to this list. It would be great to know of suppliers to supply spare parts for the A-bike and the copy versions as well.

You should post the pictures you sent to me on the board as well to show others the seat change on the seat change/ A-bike mod section. They are great pictures! This is the link to the talk about A-bike mods. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1435.

Steve

Yes, I have posted the mod.
Incidentally, I have contacted the manufacturer of the original A-Bike and Plus version in China. Was told that the A-Bike/8 (8 inch wheel) will be officially launch in Feb.

This is a great site for A-Bikers. But it is now invaded by mobile phone paddlers. I hope the moderator will delete all these postings.
190E.sg

Postby gganio on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm

190E.sg wrote:Was told that the A-Bike/8 (8 inch wheel) will be officially launch in Feb.

It is in about 3 weeks. That is close.
That tire is the same as the carry-Me. That gives more tires from which to chose.
gganio

Postby Artefex on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 pm

official 8" version? Excellent! About time they caught up with those innovative chinese manufacturers. Should make the A-Bike a bit more practical in terms of top speed and going over bumps.
Will they still be pnuematic tyres i wonder..

Thanks Stevbike for keeping my mods page going! I might get back to work on it when the weather improves.
Artefex

Postby gganio on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:16 pm

I got the wheels. They rebound correctly. Hardness seems just right.
We are right now snowed in and frozen up. It looks like I'll have to wait a month to test them.
gganio

Postby 190E.sg on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:29 am

Please post your result once tested.
190E.sg

Postby gganio on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:34 pm

It will take me longer then thought to come out with a final judgment about soft 6" PU tires.
I have started testing them. They seem close to perfect about rolling friction and comfort. They get very close to comfort level of pneumatic tires even on cobblestone. However, being the PU compound soft, durability has to be understood. That requires many km, especially under hot weather conditions.

Here some pics:

gganio

Postby Stevbike on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:52 pm

They look great! Keep us posted as to how they are working out. It looks like a lot of mods on the bike for the tires to fit. I like that. I makes it for an original bike.

stevbike
Stevbike

Return to General Discussion