About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

WARNING from site admin

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

WARNING from site admin

Postby Garry on Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:40 pm

I'd like to apologise to everyone for spams which have been appearing on the forum recently and to warn anyone who may consider purchasing from these criminals.

If you see any posts advertising cheap electronic items for sale either as a one-off, or claiming to be a wholesaler, then they are almost certainly a scam! Do not send them money under any circumstance as you will never receive your goods or get your money back!!

Here are some examples of how these scams may look, but be suspicious of anything similar at all.

For Sell Brand New Unlocked Apple iPhone

We specialize in a wide range of products such as LAPTOPS, MOBILE PHONES, PLASMA $ LCD TV, PDA PHONES, MP3 $ MP4 PLAYERS, VIDEO GAMES CONSOLE, DIGITAL CAMERAS, DVD PLAYERS (Etc) all at cheap & affordable prices.

They may give plausible looking UK company addresses and registration numbers, but don't be fooled. I have looked up the IP addresses of these adverts and they are usually based in Africa or China. They usually give MSN and webmail contact details, but many of them also have impressive looking websites full of products and customer reviews. Even so, none of those products exist, and you will not get them!

Sorry for these spams appearing on the forum but they are posted by humans and therefore bypass the forum anti-spambot software. Our moderators including myself are busy volunteers with other jobs and I'm very grateful for the work they do in removing spams as they see them.
Garry
Site Admin

Re: WARNING from site admin

Postby Stevbike on Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:08 pm

I have just been cleaning up some spam on the site in the last few days. I hope that this person stops soon. For those going on this site, I hope this clean-up will keep you staying and posting A-bike related material.

stevbike
Stevbike

Return to General Discussion