About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Anyone planning to upgrade their A-bikes to the Plus ?

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Anyone planning to upgrade their A-bikes to the Plus ?

Postby gold682 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Well as the A-Bike Plus is now officially released in UK - well it's on a-bike.co.uk now - has anyone got plans to upgrade their a-bike original to the Plus ?

Personally, I don't think the changes warrant it, as it seems the riding experience will be the same and the weight hasn't changed.

I suppose I was a little disappointed when I saw the Plus (thru these forums) as I was kinda expecting something more. Put my a-bike next to the Plus and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. I know, I know, there are upgrades to the likes of the layshaft, bearings and tubes, but the saddle for instance hasn't changed - I thought it was going to have some sort of suspension ?

Cheers
Paul
gold682

Re: Anyone planning to upgrade their A-bikes to the Plus ?

Postby Garry on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:04 am

I think it's a fair point to make that they called it the A-BIke Plus, rather than the A-BIke 2 and have stated the changes are not major. I don't think it's really aimed at existing customers, but with the recent shortage I'm sure you'd have no trouble selling an old A-Bike if you did want to upgrade.
Garry
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion