About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

A-bikes on Top Gear!

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

A-bikes on Top Gear!

Postby andytaylor on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Top Gear broadcast this evening (13th July) featured a race across Japan between Jeremy Clarkson in a Nissan GTR and James May and Richard Hammond on public transport.

For a 1 mile segment between a ferry and cable car, James and Richard rode A-bikes. Sadly we didn't get to see too much of them, but they were definitely A-bikes.
andytaylor

Re: A-bikes on Top Gear!

Postby fbr on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Just saw it in a flash.
One of them even had a suitcase (with wheels) as a trailer :shock:
fbr

Postby Garry on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:16 pm

I saw it :-)

They had the A-Bikes on a ferry in their luggage, and boasted about how they weren't going to walk the one mile to the cable car. Their were brief clips of the A-Bikes being unfolded, and later being ridden (looked quite fast!) along the road. One or possibly both of them had their suitcases on a trailer which was very cool!

It should be on BBC Iplayer soon, and if anyone has recorded it please upload to Youtube and let us know!
Garry
Site Admin

Postby Nigel Kellett on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 pm

Yup, saw it too. They could at least have made some mention by name! For anybody not in the know, they would have been left with tantalizing glimpses of ...... what were those!? Blink and you missed them! Then they dumped them unceremoniously just as quickly as they appeared when they'd got to the cable car.
They were both a little wobbly at first, and I thought that one of them would come a cropper going down the ramp off the ferry, but survived. I was intrigued by how the wheelie-case was attached to the A-bike.
Nigel Kellett

Postby Rich on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Yes! I was watching last weekend with some pals and I love the show, and I started jumping up and down when they cracked the luggage open revealing a brief glimpse of what I already recognized by sight.
"It's the A-Bike! It's the A-Bike!"
- "What's on with you?"
"Just watch."
- "Hey, that's cool!"
"I was wondering why they were making such a big production of carrying that luggage around."

It made me start looking around again to see if the new A-Bike was out yet. (Kinda surprised that it supported James May. But no way could Jeremy have survived it.)

-Rich
Austin, TX, USA
Rich

Return to General Discussion