About the A-Bike Where to Buy Reviews Forum A-BIKE CENTRAL
Home Page
Gallery & Videos Sinclair Bikes History Other Folding Bikes A-Bike News (Blog)

Ask A-Bike Patent in UK?

Chat about your A-Bike, post details of your exploits, ask advice from other owners, etc.

Moderators: Binch Shin, newcross, Amuro Lee

Ask A-Bike Patent in UK?

Postby TYHII on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi,
I am new customer. Anybody know A-bke in UK got Patent or not? Can i order from china selling in UK is that illegally.

In china got a lot different they offer very good prices

Anyone know let me know.

Thanks
TYHII

Re: Ask A-Bike Patent in UK?

Postby newcross on Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:22 pm

TYHII wrote:Hi,
I am new customer. Anybody know A-bke in UK got Patent or not? Can i order from china selling in UK is that illegally.

In china got a lot different they offer very good prices

Anyone know let me know.

Thanks

Hi. Intellectual Property of A-bike belongs to Sir Clive Sinclair, and the IP is protected by UK law.

Please refer many many posts in this forum regarding the Chinese copy for more info using search function.
newcross

Re: Ask A-Bike Patent in UK?

Postby TYHII on Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:05 am

Thanks for you full information. I will inform factory in china this product already got patent in UK.

Thanks for help
TYHII

Postby Binch Shin on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:39 pm

Maybe, the original patent application had been made in UK.
Because inventors of A-bike live there :wink:
Bicycles are Human Amplifiers - Mark Sanders -
Bintz's google profile(Buzz)
Binch Shin

Postby TYHII on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:54 pm

Binch Shin wrote:Maybe, the original patent application had been made in UK.

Can i selling another European country? If y know any European country got patent?

Thanks
TYHII

Postby newcross on Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:20 pm

TYHII wrote:
Binch Shin wrote:Maybe, the original patent application had been made in UK.

Can i selling another European country? If y know any European country got patent?

Thanks

Most of us in this forum are just users of A-bike, so that's not really the thing we can answer for sure. If you are interested in selling A-bike or A-bike type product, it is best for you to discuss the matter with DAKA directly. Otherwise there is always a possibility for you to be in trouble over patent, IP etc.

Profitable margin might be much less than the Chinese factory offered you, but being an official DAKA Sinclair A-bike dealer with genuine A-bike supplied from Mayhem UK wouldn't be such a bad idea (if you are talking about Euro market). At least it's clean, you know?
newcross

Postby TYHII on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:47 pm

I already stop order from china. Businessman in china need money everytime.........................
TYHII

Postby Garry on Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm pleased to hear you cancelled the order. There's a lot more to worry about than just IP infringements. I hope you'll research carefully before importing any products from China and check that they comply with all the relevant EU and UK laws.

You can get yourself in a lot of trouble by thinking it's easy to just find some cheap stuff on Ali Baba and sell it on for a big profit.

I strongly advise you read the HMRC rules on importing and contact your local business advice agency for more information.
Garry
Site Admin

Postby TYHII on Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:28 pm

Garry wrote:I'm pleased to hear you cancelled the order. There's a lot more to worry about than just IP infringements. I hope you'll research carefully before importing any products from China and check that they comply with all the relevant EU and UK laws.

You can get yourself in a lot of trouble by thinking it's easy to just find some cheap stuff on Ali Baba and sell it on for a big profit.

I strongly advise you read the HMRC rules on importing and contact your local business advice agency for more information.

Thanks Garry
TYHII

Return to General Discussion